Tuesday 14 April 2015

L for Leather!

Hello, folks, and welcome to my blog.

Something a bit different this week.  It's about the technique rather than the finished item.  I may have mentioned before that I love Altered Art and using techniques to make paper and card look like something else, and this is one of my favourite Faux Leather techniques.

I covered a box, but  I could have covered a piece of cardstock to use on a male-themed card.  This is how I got the effect.



I wanted to see if the Stampin' Up! re-inkers would work with this one - and I think they did.  I could have pressed the ink pads to the craft sheet  and then sprayed with a little bit of water instead of using reinkers, which would have given a less intense effect.  

I finished the box by lining it with some Typeset paper and gluing the brass charm (bought from Ebay) on top.   I hope you liked it.  

See you soon!

Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.