Thursday 1 September 2016

Pillar Candle Box

Hello bloggists , welcome to my blog.

Well, it's here - the new autumn/winter catalogue!  Have you seen it yet?  I'll be putting a link to the downloadable version at the bottom of this page - but there's nothing like getting your hot little hands on the real thing, so let me know if you're in the UK and want a copy (email me with your details - keren@tuppencecoloured.co.uk).  

Can you spot what's new on today's project?  It's the kraft trim the looks just like rope to me.  It's really soft and pliable though, not like rope at all.  This box holds the pillar candle that I decorated last week - I've been asked to show how to make one and your wish is my command (and there's another box to hold the stone coaster following soon!)  

The box needed to have a base that was 3 inches square to hold the candle, and that means that it took  the full width of a piece of 12 x 12 card with nothing left over...so how did I manage to get it to fit together?  Watch the video to find out!

Measurements for the box - 

12 x 11 (not as stated in the video!)  score at 3, 4 and 9 inches on the 12 inch edge and at
1/2 inch, 3 1/2 inches - turn the card and score at 3 inches.
 If you follow these measurements you won't need to trim the 1/2 strip off the base of the box.

Cut 4 paper panels for the front 3 3/4 by 4 1/4 and one 3 3/4 square for the lid 

Hope you have fun trying this!

See you soon,

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.