Thursday 2 March 2017

Up and Away - Twist Pop-up card

Hello bloggists, and welcome.
If you follow my blog or subscribe to my YouTube channel, you might have realised that I enjoy making action cards and I'm always happy when I come across a style I haven't made before.

 I made one of these twist pop up cards back in the summer. They were really popular at the time, with lots of people making them.  I followed these instructions to make my first one.

However, since then, I've discovered that I already had instructions for a different method of achieving the same result in one of my favourite reference books (Pop-up!a Manual of Paper Mechanisms, by Duncan Birmingham, in case you're interested.  The book is out of print, but you might be able to find a second-hand copy.)

Take a look and see what you think-

This kind of card is very impressive but not really that hard to make.  Give it a try!

See you again soon,

Crafty Hugs,

Keren


2 comments:

  1. Your Twist Pop Up card is fabulous!! Thank you for sharing all the instructions in your video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I have watched a few of these but yours was the easiest to follow- thank you again (South Australia)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.