Saturday 4 November 2017

Birthday card for my (grown-up!) baby

Hello and welcome to my blog!

This should have been a straightforward card.  My younger son's birthday is later this month (he's 30 - how is that possible?  I'm only 24! 😆 ) and I wanted to make his card.

It turned into a bit of a learning curve.  To begin with, I forgot that ink takes FOREVER to set on vellum and wiped off the embossing.  I also made a hash of trimming the vellum strip to size.  I thought I'd filmed myself correcting it, but can't find the clip (it may have been a casualty of the great iMac collapse of 2017 - see my previous post for details!)

Anyway, in case you wanted to know, I straightened out my wonky trimming by going old-school - I used a craft knife and ruler.  I was awake enough to remember to use a cutting mat - then decided to trim the edge of the card while I was at it, but after I'd put the cutting mat away...and cut right through my silicone mat.  Sigh. Luckily, I wasn't filming that bit, because I said some very Bad Words.


After all that, if you still want to see the tutorial, here it is...

See you again soon and keep crafting!

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.