Wednesday 17 January 2018

Discovering Brushos

Hi everyone, and welcome!

Today’s blog is a bit different. Just for once, I wanted to take some time to talk about techniques that you can use in your crafting.



Brushos on Shimmery White
I’m a bit of a technique-o-holic, just between you and me.  Before I discovered Stampin’ Up! most of my crafting was based around mixed media/altered art.  I love getting inky and painty. 
Brushos on Watercolour card

So I quite literally did a happy dance when I spotted Brushos in the catalogue, because that means that I can use them in my SU projects without teasing you!


I used them in different ways on different surfaces- 
and I will be using the results as a base for future projects.  I'm not going to explain the techniques in detail in future, so I wanted to spend a bit of time now showing you some of the ways these pots of brilliant colour can be used.
  
Here's the video I made while I was playing-




Brushos on Glossy White
I may be a little bit addicted to the starch-and-cling-film technique.  I used to be a primary school teacher and many of the ways of using colours are things I used to do with my classes - but I wouldn't have used spray starch with young children because of concerns about safety, so this one is new to me!

I was particularly pleased with the way Glossy White card came out- 
it's more of a satin finish than gloss and the starch doesn't leave quite so much texture but the colours are super-vibrant.
They work well with a stamped and embossed resist image as well.  For a super-bright contrast, I would use white embossing powder - I used clear here and colours did bleed a bit underneath.  

I had so much fun and I'm so happy with the results.  What do you think?  

Keep Crafting,

Keren
Product List

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.