Wednesday 16 May 2018

By popular request

Hi everyone, and thanks for stopping by.

Today's project is by popular request.  

Recently I shared how I made a large gift bag (8x8x4) and at the end of the tutorial I showed another one that was 6x6x6.  I've been asked several times to share the measurements for that bag - so here's the tutorial.

I thought I would explain how I calculated the measurements in the first place.

Once you understand the relative proportions involved, you can adjust the measurements to make bags in several sizes. 

Here's a diagram that shows the relative proportions, based on a sheet of 12 x 12" paper-

These big bags are a good way of using up your retiring DSP to make room for the lovely new papers that are going to be in the new catalogue, as well as making sure you have a stock of gift bags ready when you need one in a hurry.  For me that's a win-win scenario!

If today's project was a bit technical, please don't worry - normal service will be resumed in the near future!

Keep crafting,

Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.