Saturday 13 January 2018

Falling Flowers Fancy box

Hello and welcome - thank you for visiting today, I'm so happy to see you!

I'm sharing a version of the very popular self-closing box today.  My claim to fame is that, as far as I know, I originated this style of box about three years ago.  (Really!)  Like many of us, I'm usually inspired by something I've seen elsewhere and make up my own versions, but not this time!

If I'm totally honest, I was going to make a different kind of project which I'd seen somewhere else, and as I was putting it together (actually as I was recording the video) I suddenly saw that I could put it together differently and get a really pretty box - so I did.  

A lot of people liked the result and made their own version.  And I couldn't be happier about it.You can even buy dies that will cut and score the card for you, but you don't really need them.

Today I'm revisiting the design.  Here's the original, which has a fancy top flap.
The new version has a smooth, flush closing top.  And I went completely out of my comfort zone and used Melon Mambo!  (But it goes so well with the DSP)  Take a look....


I really like this with the flush-fitting opening - how about you?  Whichever way you prefer, do give this one a try. Measurements?  

Card 10 1/2 " by 8

Score at 
(short side) 1 1/2' and 6 1/2"
(long side) 5" and 10", part-score at 2 1/2" & 7 1/2"



Let me know how you get on!

Keep crafting,

Keren

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.