Wednesday 14 February 2018

You're one of a kind...

Hello and welcome to my blog.

Today’s card is for that special, one-of-a-kind person in your life, so of course it features a unicorn – and a flying one at that!


I wanted my unicorn to soar above the surface of my card, so I mounted it on a “boinger” – which is paper (or in this case, acetate) folded to make a spring.

You fold two strips of paper over each other at right angles until your spring is long enough.  However, I probably should have made my spring another fold longer, so my unicorn is higher off the card at the front side.  See how that happened in the tutorial-



I rather like it, so I’ve decided to live with it.  There are ready-made springs or “wobblers” available (you may have to hunt for them!) , and if you can get hold of some you might prefer to use them.  

Love the Myths & Magic suite - don't you?  The little characters are rather retro - and I adore the dragon.  I'm sure I'll be making more items with them (in fact, I know I will because I've got a couple of projects lined up...so don't forget to check back from time to time to see what I'm up to!)

Keep Crafting,

Keren


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.